Friday 6 March 2009

Session 3 of the Genuine Contact Program en français

Greetings from Val David Quebec where Marquis Bureau and I are facilitating Session 3 of the Genuine Contact Program en français - La résolution de conflits interculturels. We have three participants - making five with Marquis and I.

We decided that it was important to offer the course and maintain the energy of moving the course forward even with small numbers. There is much interest for the work of Genuine Contact in the francophone community - and for the second time we have not attracted any English speaking participants, something we will evaluate after we offer Organizational Health and Balance in May.

With three participants Marquis and I are participating when we want to have the group work in pairs. When he is in the role of facilitator, I participate and vice versa. I am of course at my learning edge because my French is at only an intermediate level and I have few opportunities to practice. I find the best way for me is to listen with my heart rather than my head.....When I worry too much about translating my ego is very active and I think of my self and my next words. So, I am practicing presence with deep listening - which is good because for those of you who know me, I usually have a LOT to say when I am speaking English.....and my learning about self and others is deep.

The great news is that all of the participants took the WPPF course in October. While we are not teaching WPPF, some of the ahas and questions are allowing deeper exploration of WPPF principles and we are of course giving them another experience of WPPF that is not a mix of facilitating and then teaching about the method.

One of the explorations/discussions of this morning was about hopes and fears....that how when we invite the whole person by welcoming their fears, we can prevent conflict....and when the environment does not welcome the fears up front, that the conflict will emerge later or it supports conflict.
I love the learning that I have when I facilitate these workshops.....a great way to go deeper myself.

We did the Genuine Contact yoga this morning - the eagle, which causes me to think of all of you around the world.

Have a great day everyone.

Michelle

No comments: