Wednesday 29 October 2008

Whole Person Process Facilitation: Val-David


Bonjour tout le monde from Val David Quebec. Marquis Bureau and I are in the second day of our WPPF workshop, the first time we have offered it in French. We have a group of 10 participants in a beautiful setting here at Prema Shanti.
Our first day was very rich. Marquis and I had a detailed facilitation plan that we co created with Donna Clark and Rachel Assuncao...and of course as usual, the plan has not evolved at all as we thought it might....and yet the group has gone very deep with their learning already. In reflection, nearly all the content we wanted to cover was covered and discovered by the group through their questions, reflections, and contributions. We got to the Agenda part of the workshop after lunch, which gives you an indication of the rich discussion that happened about the Transfer in and Hopes and Fears.....
We talked about the four levels of consciousness and the whole person and right brain left brain in debreifing.
Our participants are great fun and full of energy. Many of them are consultants...and I am most proud to have our (to be clear..our being my husband Mike and I - Not Marquis and I) eldest daughter Jodie as a participant. Jodie has just taken a leadership role in her work in an interdisciplinary rehabilitation team and she will be taking this back to apply in her work. Like Birgitt in Virginia Beach, I am a proud mother. Some of them are artists and the rest artists at heart....so the small group offerings are very creative.

We had about 10cm of snow last night, so the vista outside the meeting room is beautiful - trees heavy with snow and everything is white. A contrast to the fire, warmth and ambiance of the facility and the group.

There are many learnings for Marquis and I - our first time working together and for me I am working in French, which is my second language...and I function at an intermediate level....so yesterday I was reflecting on my deeper appreciation of those who come to our mentoring circles from other countries and who have English as a second or third language. I am exhausted each day with listening and appreciative of the group who encourage me to continue in French. Je parle mieux maintenant.

Well it is time for the small groups to gather.
Will write more later.
Michelle


Photo: Marquis Bureau, Val-David, Canada.

No comments: